Saturday, September 19, 2015

Memorization

Over the past weeks and months, I have been wondering: "How many verses should I memorize a week?", "How often should I memorize?" and "What should I memorize?".

As the Lord would have it, He made it so that I would chance upon a site for techniques of memorizing His Word. In fact, the amount of verses which I thought I should memorize in a week paled in comparison to what was recommended by the websites!

It's been one week since I started memorizing from the book of 1 Timothy, but it has helped me gain an insight into why the memorization of God's Word is so important for Christians:

  1. It's our sword for the spiritual battles that we face day by day!
  2. When we don't have a Bible handy, we have God's Word safely stowed away in our minds, ready for use.
  3. Helps us to meditate on His Word at anytime of the day.
However, I acknowledge that it is so easy to be puffed up with great Biblical knowledge. But the Lord has made me realize that the purpose of memorizing His Word is the godly edification of His saints. It is not for our own glory, but rather for the glory of God.


Websites which I chanced upon (or rather that the Lord brought me to 😄)
http://www.greatpreachers.org/bible_memorizing.html
http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page8.html

No comments:

Post a Comment