Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Breath of Fresh Air

If you are a follower of the Legend of Korra series, you'll probably know where I pilfered the title from. :)

It's been 3 years since the last post and much has changed. Not as naïve and no longer as young as used to be. (Although it's been 3 years!)

In that 3 years, the main thing I have done is completed a diploma in information technology. It was an interesting journey in its entirety; I have learned much and gained much.

Currently, the University of Wollongong, Australia. Why here? Why Wollongong? Simply said, I don't know. Really. I may give you reasons along the lines of "my diploma was tied to UOW" or "I had relatives here", but…I don't know.

Recently, I have come to a greater understanding of how God takes care of us (as in His children in Christ) and has a specific will for us. (Could this be why I don't feel stressed when it's the exam period now?)

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
-1 Peter 5:6-7
Humility has been a big thing for me lately. References to Bible snippets such as "Jesus is Lord" and "He must increase, but I must decrease" still ring about me and challenge me to live a life submissive to Christ. Even readings on Colossians on wives submitting to husbands point to the church submitting to Christ.

Many things have changed for me, but I know one thing:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)

Indeed, a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment